Plant to Plate Meal Prep
From plant to plate! Our in-home #PersonalChefs will utilize your garden to help save money and add some extra flavor into your healthy weekly #mealprep dishes.
This meatball in marinara with pasta, broccoli and green beans is just one example of how our chefs can use fresh herbs and vegetables from your garden in the dishes. Using your own garden will not only save you money, but also insure that your getting the freshest ingredients.
As the summer goes on, you will start harvesting more herbs and veggies than you know what to do with. Let our chefs create dishes from your garden that you can freeze for later or eat right now. We can make tomato sauce, casseroles, bread, or soup to freeze for the winter. Or you could throw a huge veggie barbecue for your friends and we’ll do the cooking! Whatever you decide, let us help you get the most out of your green thumb.
Learn more about how we can utilize your garden ingredients and our meal prep services at our website!
Chef Rebecca is making this side dish along with a KC strip, steamed asparagus and truffle butter on the FOX 4 morning newscast on Thursday, February 9th. Tune in and watch!
Herb and Bleu Cheese Smashed Potatoes
- 4-5 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh arugula
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
- ¼ cup bleu cheese crumbles
- Scrub and rough dice potatoes and put in a medium pot. Cover with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until soft when pierced with a fork or knife.
- Meanwhile, warm milk or cream in a small saucepot over low heat.
- Drain the potatoes. Return to the pot, off of the heat. Add milk, butter, arugula and herbs and mix well. Fold in the cheese.
- Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Enter your email address on the top-right of the page to receive email updates of our blog. Don’t forget to click on the links on the right bar to follow us on Facebook and Twitter also! Visit our main website at www.friendthatcooks.com to learn more about our Weekly Meal Prep service.